Some of you are sad we are not yet able to take to the field. Others of you are quite grateful, and then there is everyone in between. Regardless of where you sit on the spectrum you are an important member of our PUL community. We miss you all.
We wanted to try something fun that could help bring our community together, in a fun, safe and virtual way. Our board has also struggled with trying to help our members learn (and remember) the rules of our game. How many of you remember “The Rule of the Week”? Well, we decided to smash the two things together, add a pinch of competition, and viola the 8-Week Rule Challenge was born.
Each week, for 8 weeks, PUL will post (and email you) a new Rules Quiz. Each quiz consists of 10 questions and are all based on…the rules of ultimate. The quizzes are themed (mostly) and we’ve made sure to include the new amendments added this year. And all can be found in the USAUltimate rulebook.
- Must be a registered PUL player to participate.
- PUL individuals have one week to complete the quiz. (Friday until the following Thursday 11:59pm).
- You may take the quiz multiple times, but only your first attempt will count.
Added Competition = Added Fun
- To increase competition we will add a team portion
- Team points will be awarded:
- 1 point for each member of the team who takes the quiz
- 1 entry per person/team. Entry cannot count for two different teams.
- 2 points for a perfect score.
- Points will be tallied each week
- Team rank will be based on points tallied.
- Team standings will be updated weekly
- For those players who play only on Wednesday night your team name will be Wednesday
Prizes. Prizes. Prizes
- A winner will be randomly selected from those individuals who complete the quiz each week.
- The weekly winner will win PUL swag.
- The team with the most points at the end of the 8 week challenge will win $100 towards a team party (once social distancing rules allow it)
Without further ado, let the games begin…