The winter league coordinator is responsible for overall direction, management and coordination of the winter league season for the night of league play. Typically we’ve had programs run on Monday and Thursday evenings, but do to recent events we have only been running one night, Thursday. Typically the winter league is broken up into two 12 weeks sessions, starting the end of October and running through to mid-April, breaking for two weeks over Christmas and New Year’s. During the season, the League Coordinator should be accessible via email throughout the week and accessible via text or phone on the night they coordinate.
League coordinators should possess
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good analytical skills; and
- Impeccable people management and conflict resolution skills.
League coordinator responsibilities include
Planning and Logistics
- Informing captains and players of all matters pertaining to the league, including information about fields, game times, league policies, and other season logistics;
- Assign captains from pool of players registered;
- Draft balanced teams with the help of captains;
- Addressing captains’ concerns throughout the season, including issues related to Spirit of the Game, field conditions, league organization and team management;
- Receiving, reviewing and taking appropriate and timely action with respect to Incident Reports;
- Balancing the needs and concerns of the league, teams, captains, and players;
- Performing other duties as assigned or required;
- Maintaining communication with the League President, Operations Coordinator, and other key members of the PUL administration, including implementing Board direction;
- Attending the Annual General Meeting and Captains’ Meeting;
- Coordinating meetings with captains, as required;
- Sitting on Membership Committee, which typically involves four meetings per year, plus weighing in on the occasional membership concern; and
- Using Zuluru to rank teams, maintain schedule, monitor scores, allocate field space and track the season.