Peterborough Ultimate League Athlete Code of Conduct
Peterborough Ultimate League (PUL) athletes are expected to play with a high degree of inclusivity. PUL leagues are recreational leagues that exist to strike a balance between competitiveness and inclusivity, while accommodating players of all skill levels.
The Code of Conduct outlined below is expected to be followed at all times, by all athletes:
- Uphold the ‘Spirit of the Game’
- Play with respect and follow the rules of the game.
- Trust that all other players are making the same efforts to uphold the rules of the game.
- Play competitively, but not at the expense of mutual respect, adherence to the rules, safety, or the ‘spirit of the game.’
- No players should be excluded from game play
- It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure that all players get a reasonable share of play time, and are utilized on-field to the extent of their abilities.
- Act respectfully and inclusive towards teammates and opponents
- It is essential for every player to demonstrate respect towards individuals of any, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offenses, marital status, family status, disability and experience levels, and to engage in gameplay to the best of their abilities alongside them.
- Every person has a right to play without discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offenses, marital status, family status or disability. No player should be discriminated against ridiculed on the basis of age, gender, cultural identity, experience level, or physical capabilities.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the USAU rules of the game
- Comply with all PUL policies
- Which include: Alcohol, Dangerous Play, Gender Parity, & Safe Conduct
- PUL Policies
- Comply with all PUL-specific rules
- Which include: Carbon Flip, Footblocks, Gender Ratio Rule A, Gender Match Pulling, Summer Subs Playoff, & Timeouts.
- PUL-specific rules
Violations of this Code of Conduct may lead to consequences up to and including: a verbal and/or written warning, suspension from games, or expulsion from the league. This is determined by the League Coordinators, Board of Directors and the Director of Operations.